Natural Language Interfaces
- Data Democratisation with Deep Learning: The Anatomy of a Natural Language Data Interface. WSDM 2023 (with G. Katsogiannis-Meimarakis, Mike Xydas).
- Data Democratisation with Deep Learning: An Analysis of Text-to-SQL Systems. TheWebConf 2022 (with G. Katsogiannis-Meimarakis).
- A Deep Dive into Deep Learning Approaches for Text-to-SQL Systems. ACM SIGMOD 2021 (with G. Katsogiannis-Meimarakis).
- Deep Learning Approaches for Text-to-SQL Systems. EDBT 2021, 24th International Conference on Extending Database Technology.
- Modern recommender systems: from Computing Matrices to Thinking with Neurons. ACM SIGMOD 2018.
- Modern recommender systems: Matrices, Bandits, and Blenders. EDBT 2018, 21st International Conference on Extending Database Technology.
- "Fairness in Algorithmic Systems: A Reality or a Fantasy?". 1st DEDSSchool on "Ethical and Legal Aspects on Data", April 4 – 8, 2022.
- Fairness in Ranking and Recommenders: An Overview . 1st ACM-W Greek Chapter Winter School on "Fairness in AI" (with E. Pitoura and K. Stefanidis).
- Fairness-aware Methods in Rankings and Recommenders. ACM MDM 2021 (with E. Pitoura and K. Stefanidis).
- Fairness in Rankings and Recommenders: Models, Methods and Research Directions. IEEE ICDE 2021, 37th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (with E. Pitoura, K. Stefanidis)
- Fairness in Rankings and Recommenders. EDBT 2020, 23rd International Conference on Extending Database Technology (with E. Pitoura, K. Stefanidis).
- Goals in Social Media, Information Retrieval and Intelligent Agents. IEEE ICDE 2015 (with D. Papadimitriou, Y. Velegrakis, and J. Mylopoulos).
- Representation, Composition and Application of Preferences in Databases. IEEE ICDE 2010 (with K. Stefanidis, E. Pitoura).
- Personalized Systems: Models and Methods from an IR and DB Perspective. IEEE ICDE 2007 (with Y. Ioannidis).
- Personalized Systems: Models and Methods from an IR and DB Perspective. VLDB 2005, 31st Intl. Conf. on Very Large Databases (with Y. Ioannidis).
- "Democratizing Data Access: What if we could just talk to our data?" , Keynote at TPDL 2022, Padua, September 20 – 23, 2022.
- "Data Democratisation with Deep Learning: An Analysis of Text-to-SQL Systems", Invited talk at RAIS Summer School and Workshop, Sweden, September 12-16, 2022.
- "Fairness in Algorithmic Systems: A Reality or a Fantasy?", Distinguished Lecture Series, Hong Kong Baptist University, May 3, 2022.
- "Intelligent Data Assistants: Democratizing Data Access", TU Berlin/BIFOLD Research Colloquium, April 4, 2022.
- "The Rise of Intelligent Data Assistants: Democratizing Data Access, Keynote Speaker, BDA 2021 , 37ème Conférence sur la Gestion de Données – Principles, Technologies et Applications, 26 October 2021
- The Rise of Intelligent Data Assistants Invited talk at the Trustworthy Data Science and AI Webinar Series, Simon Fraser University, April 2021.
- The Rise of Intelligent Data Assistants: Democratizing Data Access Keynote at BigVis2021@EDBT, March 2021.
- Democratizing Data Access Through Intelligent Data Exploration Tools Keynote at ACM WomENcourage 2020, "The Big Promise of Big Data Analytics".
- A Spark-based Intelligent Assistant: Making Data Exploration in Natural Language Real . Spark + AI Summit Europe 2020.
- Databases & People: Let’s move on From Baby Talk (invited talk) . Joint EDBT/ICDT session on Challenges in Data Management, 26-29 March 2018.
- Recommender Systems: It's Not Just About User Preferences – Visa Research, November 2017.
- Bringing Preferences and Recommendations closer to the Database – Huawei, November 2017.
- Fusing Knowledge into Recommendations - 5th DBPedia Meeting at Stanford, November 2015.
- Panelist in the "Futuristic Data Interfaces" panel at DASFAA, April 12 2022.
- Panelist in the "#BreakTheBias in Science and Technology" panel, co-organized by the Gender Equality Board of the Athena RC with the support of the Innovation Unit for Women, March 8, 2022.
- Moderator of the "AI and Data Systems: Synergies, Challenges, and Risks" panel at IEEE ICDE 2021 (with: Wenyuan Yu (Alibaba), Wolfram Schulte (Facebook), Tianqing Wang (Huawei), Weiwei Gong (Oracle))
- Moderator of the "Computer Science: unicorns, dragons and heroes", panel at the Athens Science Festival 2021 (online).
- Moderator of the "Intelligent Data Exploration" Roundtable at VLDB 2020 (with Kurt Stockinger, Sihem Amer-Yahia, Jignesh Patel, JP Monteiro).
- "Is Artificial Intelligence gendered?" Panel (moderator), 2nd Summit on Gender Equality in Computing (GEC 2020).
- "Database Research in Industry: Fact, Fiction, or a Thing of the Past?" NorCalDB Day 2015 Panel (moderator: Alon Halevy), Santa Cruz, California, USA